Monday, May 2, 2011

I got some more free goodies for you!

I had a little shopping driving adventure today.....why?  Well, it's because I didn't learn about the freebies early enough, so I'm a day behind which means that all the good couponers had already gotten to the goodies.

I thought I was going to have to wait until later in the week when the stores restocked, but I thankfully have a slew of walgreens and CVS stores on one patch of my drive.  I found almost everything I was looking for.

Okay, so what are the goodies?  Let me first give the kudos to JillCataldo.com and Mashupmom.com for the tips.

CVS
  • I mentioned the free toothpaste in my previous post.  With the coupons I had in my stash, I actually made money in that transaction.  I paid $4.04 for 2 tubes of toothpaste, but got back $5.58 to spend on my next order!  So I made $1.54 in that transaction.
  • Ivory 3-pack bars are currently $0.99...I had 3-$1 coupons from the Proctor & Gamble coupon book this weekend (yes, I bought three papers this weekend because it was FULL of coupons).  So what did I have to pay at the end...basically just the tax.  My total for the (3)3-pack Ivory bars....$0.26!  Note:  I saw these same ivory bar packs for $0.95 at my Target, so if you're out of luck at CVS, try there!

So my total spent at CVS for all these goodies...2 tubes of toothpastes and 3(3)-pack Ivory bars.....I was paid $1.28 to take these very useful items out of the store and into my teeny stockpile :)

Walgreens

So this isn't very eco-friendly, but apparently shaving razors go on sale pretty regularly (often for free), so I've been told to keep an eye out for deals when you can get them for free.  This week, the deal was on disposable Noxzema 4-pack razors.  They are on sale for $3.99, but you get a $3 Register Rewards for each purchase.  Meaning, they "in theory" only cost $0.99 because you'll have $3 to spend on your next order.  In this weekend's RedPlum insert (yup, the paper I had multiple copies of), there was $2.00 off coupon which would make this purchase free!

I kinda messed up on this one and didn't make as much as I could.  I actually tried buying two razors at once with the two coupons and I expected to get $6 in Register Rewards.  I only got $3 back :(  So either the machine was out of paper, or you can only get one Register Reward per transaction.  So I need to investigate that one a bit.

So rather then getting them all for free, I paid $7.76 for all three, but got back $6 in Register Rewards total.  So I really only paid $1.76 for the razors.

Target

I didn't get the freebie I was looking for here because they were out of stock. There is still a deal on Nivea body wash at most stores ($3.04) that I took advantage of last week.  There is a $3 off coupon on the Target website, which means that you'll only pay $0.04 for it!  I wasn't lucky to find it last week at my local Target and instead found it at the one downtown for a slightly higher price ($3.60).  I nabbed it because $0.60 for great body wash is still a deal to me!

I'll have to stalk my Target this week and see if I can get lucky enough to score another one this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment