Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My starting point

Until i can figure out how to add a box to my blog to start the debt countdown, I figured I should at least post the starting figure.

$5596.91

That is the total of my BAD debt....credit cards mostly. All have varying APRs so it will be interesting to see how this number will fluctuate, but this is the base number for now.  Once I figure out how to best document my progress, I'll update properly.  Couponing will only be one of the ways in which I will try to pay off my debt, but every little bit counts, right?

This number used to be almost $20,000 a couple of years ago, so I've already done well.  I haven't reduced my debt in the smartest of fashions, but I have clearly made significant progress over the past 3-4 years.  This is the final stretch.

Lord knows I also have about $70,000 in education and NEW car debt...but I'm going to consider those the way of life for many years.  I don't even own my own home yet. 

If I can just eliminate the $5600 here (which seems so small now that I tallied it), it would do wonders for my social life and scrapbooking business.  Heck, I might even be able to start saving for my big property investment.  Wowsers!

No comments:

Post a Comment