Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Using CVS bucks for the first time

So I'm home for another day battling this stomach bug and knew that I would have to run out to buy some additional bottles of Gatorade.  So I decided to pre-plan my trip and looked through the CVS mailer to see if there were any household items on sale that I needed or would soon need.

I knew I needed lightbulbs and dish detergent. 

Detergent was on sale and there was a manufacturer's coupon for 25 cents off a 20oz bottle of Palmolive (so I clipped that coupon and put in my CVS file).

I also failed to mention that when I got my CVS card, I signed up on-line and received a $4 coupon off my next $20 purchase.  So my goal was to spend $20 so that I could use this $4 coupon and then use the $17 in bucks mentioned in the previous blog.

How did I do?


I purchased the following items:
  • 2 12-packs of Diet Coke
  • 2 boxes of Special K cereal
  • 2 individual Gatorade bottles
  • box of lightbulbs
  • Dish detergent
  • Renuzit room deodorizer for my apt hallway

I'm still chuckling at myself...I feel slick because I only ended up paying $5.41 after I turned in all my coupons!

I could get used to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment