Friday, July 30, 2010

A really good question (answer TBD)

My friend Steve and his wife have recently also joined the bandwagon of super couponing...and I think my super vocalness about my love for this makes him think I know a little bit more than I do.  He totally stumped me with his question.  I'm going to see if I can find the answer, but thought I would put it out there for you guys to read and comment on.

Question - We're a little confused on the "per purchase" thing. Kroger has Crest toothpaste 10 for $10 this week and I have a 0.75 manufacturer coupon that says per purchase. Question is do i need 10 coupons to get the discount if I buy 10 toothpastes?

Hope I can find you the answer soon, Steve!

1 comment:

  1. The answer from my guru, Melissa:

    the 10 for $10 is really $1 a piece. So, buy as many as you want for $1 (you don't need to buy 10 - it's a sales gimmick). Now you can use coupons to sweeten the deal (Man I sound like one of THOSE people). If you have one coupon, then you get a tube of toothpaste for $.25. If you have 2, then you can get 2 for $.25 each and the rest for a $1. I would never spend a $1 on toothpaste though (LOL) I would get as many as you have coupons for. $.25 isn't too bad for toothpaste.

    Let me know if this doesn;t answer your question, and if it doesn't give me specifics.
    The per purchase means that you can use 1 of the man. coupons per item. If you have 10 - then by all means put 10 on the counter, and hand over 10 coupons!

    ReplyDelete