Friday, July 30, 2010

Update on the whole denied coupon at Jewel

So surprise, surprise....no one at Jewel has been able to locate the new "policy" for me, but they swear that they are going to call me back.  We'll see.

In any case, my friend Melissa tried using the coupon at another Jewel and it was also a no go.  So I don't think we'll get that option.

HOWEVER, I do have some fun news.  I realized the coupon had a facebook logo on it, so I did on search for the facebook page for Athenos.  Low and behold...it was super easy to find.  So I decided it couldn't hurt to write them a note on their wall about the fact that Jewel wouldn't take the printed coupon.

I absolutely didn't expect to receive a response...but I did within an HOUR of posting.  They were very apologetic and a bit surprised.  I responded and explained that I was waiting on the policy from Jewel.

In the meantime, though, they offered to mail me a coupon in the mail that I can use later :)  Probably won't be able to get the same deal as the one I was excited about, but an extra coupon for an extra hummus is pretty cool to me!

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy to report that I was eventually able to get all of my free Hummus! The Jewel policy is that they don't take "free" items only coupons...but they do accept "Buy One, Get One Free" coupons. So I was able to get six Hummus for the price of two.

    I chuckled the whole way home :)

    ReplyDelete