Sunday, August 8, 2010

Let's talk Organization

I received a request to document my process on Sundays.  I'm happy to oblige :)  I'm still figuring things out of course, but here is what is currently working for me.

First let's talk organization.  Instead of a binder, I've opted for expandable folders - a small one to carry in my purse and a larger one to always keep with me (it's either on me or in my car).  Anyway, here is how they are organized.

The little binder has my clipped coupons by categories...

I also have a few notes on it to remind me of the good stuff.


The larger expandable file folder holds the Red Plum, P&G and Smartsource coupon "book" you get in the paper.  I don't clip the coupons in these because I've found that the super bloggers give you good tips by date of the "book."  I instead, put a label on my booklets with the date that they are from and stash them in the larger file folder.  I also keep a current copy of the Jewel, CVS, Dominicks and Walgreens sales booklets.  They help me shop smartly.  This is what the larger file folder looks like.


If you feel a binder might be a better option for you....here is a good video on how some of the super couponers organize their stuff.  I'm not at this point, but it seems to work for many, many people...so I might (eek!) one day end up with one of these.


No comments:

Post a Comment