Friday, August 13, 2010

My family is converting....slowly but surely

As you all know, I've become a nut when it comes to searching for coupons and shopping smart.  I'm amazed by how much I never noticed in the past and by how much I can actually save by having a fridge full of food.  I used to dread the idea of grocery shopping and would have nothing but bare essentials.  I tended to eat out a lot!  Because I have no dependents, I never actually saw the impact on my budget.  I just spent what I wanted when I wanted.

Couponing has forced me to evaluate how I spend my money and where I spend it.

In the now three weeks of couponing, I have only eaten out twice....once out of necessity (worked a day long event and had no access to a fridge for a brown bag lunch).

The fun part, however, has been watching some of my family members start to read my blog and start to embark on their own penny pinching journeys.  Though the art public followers of this blog, they have sent me fun messages.  I thought I would share some of my favorite postings...

Cousin Alma

you would be proud of me...this AM I went to Walgreens and saw erasable pens $1 a pack limit 4 w/ coupon....compositions books 5 for $1 w/ coupon...and nice pencil cases for $.99 on sale 1/2 the original price....and good thing I was checking the register because at 1st the total was coming out to be close to $20...but ...after all the double checking I got it down to $7!!!! Woo-hoo!!!!

Cousin Sandra

I saved $14 yesterday and ended up paying only $30 at Meijers. Nubia, you have converted us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment